Your beautiful, full lashes have already effortlessly enhanced your look but why not take them to the next level? The right makeup techniques can have you looking like you’ve stepped straight off the cover of Glamour Magazine! We’ve put together a list of makeup tips and tricks that will highlight your eyes and give you a brighter, more refreshed look.
1. Treat your eyes the natural way. Wrap a few ice cubes in a towel and place the cold compress on your eyes for 10 minutes. The chill from the ice cubes will reduce the swelling under your eyes resulting in a fresh, rejuvenated look. We also recommend using chilled cucumbers or tea bags that have been soaked in water to reduce the appearance of dark circles and under-eye inflammation.
2. Blend away dark circles with a concealer. Choose a concealer that is a few shades lighter than your skin tone to really make your eyes pop. Apple the concealer under your eyes to provide an uplifting look that draws attention to your eyes. If you use foundation, be sure to apply it before you apply your concealer. The right concealer will create the illusion of upward light and really make your lashes pop!
3. Use eyeliner. Yes, you can use certain types of eyeliner with your lash extensions. Have questions about which types of liner to use? Check out our list of recommendations here. Use dark liner on your upper lid and gently trace your lash line to accentuate your eyes and make them appear bigger. Feeling playful? Add winged tips for a more dramatic look. As for your bottom lash line, keep it simple and soft by using a lighter shade of liner.
4. Highlight and contour. It’s all about technique and illusion! Contouring will give you a customized look that works by enhancing your bone structure and highlighting your best features. Invest in a contouring kit, available in powder or cream, and apply accordingly. The lighter shades create highlights that soften your features and draw light to areas such as your forehead and under your eyes. The darker shades work by defining your bone structure in places like your jawline, cheek bones and nose. Once blended together, the final look will result in a flawless, runway finish.
5. Keep your lips neutral. This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you want the focus to remain on your eyes and long lashes, then be sure to keep your lips simple. Choose colors that are in the nude or light pink family and stay away from deep mauves and reds. When people look at you, the attention should be focused on your long, full lashes and soft lip colors help minimize distractions.