You’ve probably heard us say this before, but creating lash entrepreneurs is what we do at Industry Lash Pro! However, creating an entrepreneurial mindset isn’t something that happens over night. When you’re just starting out, you’re focused on creating a foundation, building a reliable group of clients, and turning a profit. It’s what comes next that separates the entrepreneurs from business owners.
If you are ready to take your stable lash business to the next level, here are some tips that will help you scale.
1. Be secure. No business is without risk. None of us really know what tomorrow will bring. But, having a secure lash business is the first step to scaling. You have to have a solid foundation before you add on (just like in lashing!) Secure your profit and monthly sales before you even think about the next step!
2. Invest. Scaling doesn’t come free. When you are ready to scale your business, one can assume that you are ready for growth. Expect to invest in marketing and advertising for branding and lead generation.
3. Plan. Every good lash entrepreneur has a plan. Actually, a Plan A, B, C, D and so on…it’s called resilience. Walk through each step of your anticipated growth to make sure you have the time, money and talent that it takes to scale. Create a business and marketing plan with monthly goals to help keep you on task.
4. Outsource. This is huge! Whether it’s creating content, managing social media, running your calendar, having a receptionist or all of the above, make sure you outsource tasks that aren’t a good use of your time aka lashing and running a business.
5. Define you goals. This is a little different than planning. You have to be flexible when creating a plan because things change along the way. What shouldn’t change is your endgame. What’s the long-term goal of your business? Don’t just “scale” without a definitive goal or you’ll get lost and distracted. Let your endgame be your fuel!