You got eyelash extensions done at iLASH Charlotte and you’re looking great! You had a full day of fun with the girls, catching up on old movies together while eating some yummy food. Now it’s time for bed—but before that evening routine begins remember this important question: “How do I take care of my new lashes?”
At iLASH Charlotte, we want your lash experience to be the best one possible. That’s why we’re giving you some eyelash extensions tips on how to take care of your new lashes so they look fabulous and last longer.
Here are the lash extension aftercare tips you need to know:
- Guess what? You can get your lashes wet! The most important part is not to expose your lashes to oil, sweat, and heat. So it’s okay to take a shower and get your lashes wet, but we recommend you be careful during your workouts and watch the products you use around your eyes.
- Avoid using oil-based skin and lash care products as they can weaken the lash glue and cause premature lash shedding. Instead, opt for gentle cleansers that are specifically designed for lash extensions, like our lash extension cleanser from iLASH Charlotte.
- Be gentle with your lashes! Avoid tugging or pulling on them to avoid lash damage and premature lash shedding. Treat your lashes as you would treat your own natural lashes and they will last longer.
- When brushing your lash extensions, be sure to use a mascara wand. Gently brush from the base of the lash up to the tip. Brushing the lashes keeps them separated and reduces tangling and lash shed. It is important to note if a lash is stuck to another lash, if the neighboring lash sheds, it will pull the stuck lash out with it.
- Avoid rubbing or picking at your lash extensions as this can cause them to fall out prematurely.
- Schedule regular lash extension fills every 2-3 weeks to keep your lash line looking full and fabulous!
Following these lash extension tips will help you get the most out of your lash extensions and enjoy them for longer. If you have any questions about lash extensions or lash extension aftercare, please don’t hesitate to contact us at iLASH Charlotte. We’re always happy to help!